Rampant Radlett win the Herts Cricket League in style at Hertford
- Credit: Archant
Radlett confirmed their position as number one at the end of the season with a soul destroying 212-run win away to Hertford.
They are now uncatchable in the league phase of the Herts Cricket League Premier Division and will have a home play-off semi-final against either Totteridge Millhillians or North Mymms on September 14.
This victory at Balls Park was devastating in the extreme.
Radlett won the toss, elected to bat and promptly began thrashing the ball to all parts of the ground.
They eventually finished on 294-6 with only one man failing to get double figures.
The top score was 82 from Josh De Caires but there was also a fine 60 from Fraser Crawford.
And the bowlers were equally as destructive as they bowled Hertford out for just 82 in the 32nd over.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Kabir Toor took 3-9 and there was 3-12 for Anthony Hill and 2-11 from Abdulrahim Mulla.
Radlett host Potters Bar on Saturday.