Radlett 2s remain top despite loss
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s remain in pole position in Saracens Herts Division Two A despite suffering their first loss of the season.
Preston beat Radlett by four wickets to cut their lead at the top of the table to 10 points.
Winning the toss, Radlett captain Foster elected to bat first on a good-looking wicket. The decision backfired spectacularly as all the batters struggled to find any sort of rhythm at the crease.
Hugh McDowell top scored with 32 but Radlett where bowled out for just 118, which was 70 runs less than the only other time they batted first, the season opener against Old Owens.
It was down to the bowlers to see if they could rescue the game.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Lederman and Robin Willis were unlucky not to get a wicket each early on as both had chances dropped in the field. Foster brought himself onto bowl and made an immediate impact, claiming his first wicket with the second ball of his spell. He continued to pressure the Preston batters and managed to take two wickets in two balls to turn the tie Radlett’s way as Preston slumped to 67-5.
Radlett failed to take two more chances of Foster’s bowling and the game slipped away. Simeon Cohen picked up a late wicket along with Foster’s fourth of the game - he finished with figures of 4-36 - but it was not enough as Preston ran out deserved winners.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25