Radlett 2s remain top despite loss
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s remain in pole position in Saracens Herts Division Two A despite suffering their first loss of the season.
Preston beat Radlett by four wickets to cut their lead at the top of the table to 10 points.
Winning the toss, Radlett captain Foster elected to bat first on a good-looking wicket. The decision backfired spectacularly as all the batters struggled to find any sort of rhythm at the crease.
Hugh McDowell top scored with 32 but Radlett where bowled out for just 118, which was 70 runs less than the only other time they batted first, the season opener against Old Owens.
It was down to the bowlers to see if they could rescue the game.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Lederman and Robin Willis were unlucky not to get a wicket each early on as both had chances dropped in the field. Foster brought himself onto bowl and made an immediate impact, claiming his first wicket with the second ball of his spell. He continued to pressure the Preston batters and managed to take two wickets in two balls to turn the tie Radlett’s way as Preston slumped to 67-5.
Radlett failed to take two more chances of Foster’s bowling and the game slipped away. Simeon Cohen picked up a late wicket along with Foster’s fourth of the game - he finished with figures of 4-36 - but it was not enough as Preston ran out deserved winners.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park