Radlett 2s maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s are still the team to beat in Saracens Herts Division Two A after a draw with Northwood.
The Cobden Hill side top the league by 34 points, having won all of their games except for Saturday’s stalemate.
Radlett’s first defeat looked possible when they succumbed to 25-5 chasing 262 for victory but a superb middle order performance from stand in captain Jonny Armitage and all-rounder’s Michael Lee and Troy Barrrett saw them in control until rain intervened.
Radlett were put into the field and struck early, with Neil Lederman (2-56) removing one of the openers, but a big partnership saw Northwood reach 143-2.
The rest of session was evenly contested and wickets were shared between Lee (2-57), Barrett (1-27) and Malde (1-34) as Northwood posted an impressive 261-6 from their innings.
The reply started badly as rain intervened and turned a good track into a tricky surface to bat on. The top five struggled and Radlett found themselves 25-5 and staring down the barrel of a first defeat. Stand in skipper Armitage (77) had other ideas.
With an innings which included nine sixes, he swung the game in Radlett’s favour. He was supported superbly by Lee (51*) and Barrett (47*), who were pushing hard to win the game, until the rain intervened and Radlett simply ran out of overs to complete the victory.
- 1 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 2 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The 2s came away with 16 points which stretches their lead at the top of the table to 34 points.