Radlett 2s extend league lead
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s extended their lead at the top of Saracens Herts Division Two to 25 points after Saturday’s six-wicket victory over Watford Town.
The Cobden Hill side had a 10-point cushion going into the weekend but are now a full win ahead of Leverstock Green, who lost to third-placed Old Owens.
Having lost the toss, Randeep Sanghera and Neil Lederman opened the bowling for Radlett. Lederman picked up a wicket in his four overs and gave up just 11 runs while Sanghera went for 44.
A double bowling change turned the game as Watford struggled to negotiate Stuart Browne and Simeon Cohen, scoring just one run off the next four overs before Cohen broke the partnership.
There there on, wickets fell consistently, with Cohen topping the figures with 6-9 and Browne taking 3-7, and Watford were all out for 85.
You may also want to watch:
The reply got off to a dreadful start when Josh Charles was out first ball. Hugh McDowell joined Johnny Armitage in the middle and put up 54 runs before the former was caught on the boundary. McDowell went in the next over.
Martin Jones had a short innings before being given out caught behind for three, leaving Micky Lee and Robin Willis to finish the innings and win the game by six wickets.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans