Radlett 2s extend league lead
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s extended their lead at the top of Saracens Herts Division Two to 25 points after Saturday’s six-wicket victory over Watford Town.
The Cobden Hill side had a 10-point cushion going into the weekend but are now a full win ahead of Leverstock Green, who lost to third-placed Old Owens.
Having lost the toss, Randeep Sanghera and Neil Lederman opened the bowling for Radlett. Lederman picked up a wicket in his four overs and gave up just 11 runs while Sanghera went for 44.
A double bowling change turned the game as Watford struggled to negotiate Stuart Browne and Simeon Cohen, scoring just one run off the next four overs before Cohen broke the partnership.
There there on, wickets fell consistently, with Cohen topping the figures with 6-9 and Browne taking 3-7, and Watford were all out for 85.
You may also want to watch:
The reply got off to a dreadful start when Josh Charles was out first ball. Hugh McDowell joined Johnny Armitage in the middle and put up 54 runs before the former was caught on the boundary. McDowell went in the next over.
Martin Jones had a short innings before being given out caught behind for three, leaving Micky Lee and Robin Willis to finish the innings and win the game by six wickets.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 9 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site