Radlett 2s drop to third after draw with Northchurch
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s dropped to third in Saracens Herts Division Two A after drawing with Northchurch.
Choosing to bowl first, Radlett restricted their opposition to 238-9 from their 53 overs after Neil Lederman (2-50) and Robin Willis (0-23) put the squeeze on early doors.
The middle overs were controlled well by Michael Lee (1-61) and Dan Foster (2-52) but it was Simeon Cohen (3-51) who was the pick of the bowlers.
Radletts chase started well as man of the match Noah Liptschitz (41) and Neel Malde (22) put on 70 for the first wicket.
Runs continued to come steadily as McDowell (21) and Graham Dill (37) kept the chase on course.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Jones (21) led Radlett to within 68 runs but when Northchurch placed nine of their fielders on the boundary, the scored rate dropped. Michael Lee (35) and Troy Barrett (15) batted out their overs still going for the win but finished 27 runs short.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots