Radlett 2s drop to third after draw with Northchurch
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s dropped to third in Saracens Herts Division Two A after drawing with Northchurch.
Choosing to bowl first, Radlett restricted their opposition to 238-9 from their 53 overs after Neil Lederman (2-50) and Robin Willis (0-23) put the squeeze on early doors.
The middle overs were controlled well by Michael Lee (1-61) and Dan Foster (2-52) but it was Simeon Cohen (3-51) who was the pick of the bowlers.
Radletts chase started well as man of the match Noah Liptschitz (41) and Neel Malde (22) put on 70 for the first wicket.
Runs continued to come steadily as McDowell (21) and Graham Dill (37) kept the chase on course.
Martin Jones (21) led Radlett to within 68 runs but when Northchurch placed nine of their fielders on the boundary, the scored rate dropped. Michael Lee (35) and Troy Barrett (15) batted out their overs still going for the win but finished 27 runs short.
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village