Radlett 2s bowled out for 147 in loss to Ickleford
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s remain top of Saracens Herts Division Two A despite suffering their second loss of the season.
Dan Foster’s side was beaten by 118 runs after being bowled out for 147 in their chase of Ickleford’s 265.
They are still the team to beat in the league, though, after second-placed Leverstock Green had a four-wicket surprise set-back against Northchurch. Their cushion at the top has been cut to 14 points.
It was Radlett’s batting display that let them down on Saturday as they never got to grips with Ickleford’s spinners. Only Neel Malde (28) Hugh McDowell (68) and Robin Willis (16) made it into double figures as Radlett slumped to 82-7.
Man of the match McDowell played the conditions exceptionally well and steered Radlett to a batting point before he was caught at first slip. The innings fell away from there on and Radlett were bowled out for 147.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Lee led the team’s bowling attack, taking 3-55. Ross Carpenter and Robin Williams chipped in with two each as Ickleford closed on 265, a target that the spinners kept Radlett from getting near.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land