Radlett 2s bowled out for 147 in loss to Ickleford
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s remain top of Saracens Herts Division Two A despite suffering their second loss of the season.
Dan Foster’s side was beaten by 118 runs after being bowled out for 147 in their chase of Ickleford’s 265.
They are still the team to beat in the league, though, after second-placed Leverstock Green had a four-wicket surprise set-back against Northchurch. Their cushion at the top has been cut to 14 points.
It was Radlett’s batting display that let them down on Saturday as they never got to grips with Ickleford’s spinners. Only Neel Malde (28) Hugh McDowell (68) and Robin Willis (16) made it into double figures as Radlett slumped to 82-7.
Man of the match McDowell played the conditions exceptionally well and steered Radlett to a batting point before he was caught at first slip. The innings fell away from there on and Radlett were bowled out for 147.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Lee led the team’s bowling attack, taking 3-55. Ross Carpenter and Robin Williams chipped in with two each as Ickleford closed on 265, a target that the spinners kept Radlett from getting near.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart