Queen of the South Phoebe Peacock gearing up for national gymnastics title shot
- Credit: Archant
A talented young gymnast from St Albans is on course for a national title after picking up two impressive results.
Phoebe Peacock competed at the Regional Gymnastics Championships in Ipswich where she became regional champion with a gold-medal winning performance.
The nine-year-old, who started gymnastics aged five and who attends Cunningham Hill Junior School in Cell Barnes Lane, will now go forward to the national championships which are being held in Stoke at the end of the month.
She had to endure five different pieces of apparatus: beam, bars, vault, floor and range.
And she finished with a high score of 65.1 out of a possible 70.
You may also want to watch:
Her success came after another victory in the Miss Quatro Jewel of the South Gymnastics Competition in South London.
Her first place there saw her earn the title of Queen of the South.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works