Queen of the South Phoebe Peacock gearing up for national gymnastics title shot
- Credit: Archant
A talented young gymnast from St Albans is on course for a national title after picking up two impressive results.
Phoebe Peacock competed at the Regional Gymnastics Championships in Ipswich where she became regional champion with a gold-medal winning performance.
The nine-year-old, who started gymnastics aged five and who attends Cunningham Hill Junior School in Cell Barnes Lane, will now go forward to the national championships which are being held in Stoke at the end of the month.
She had to endure five different pieces of apparatus: beam, bars, vault, floor and range.
And she finished with a high score of 65.1 out of a possible 70.
You may also want to watch:
Her success came after another victory in the Miss Quatro Jewel of the South Gymnastics Competition in South London.
Her first place there saw her earn the title of Queen of the South.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism