Quartet sign first-team papers
- Credit: Archant
Four reserve team players have signed National League South papers and could feature for the first team in the coming weeks.
Oran Swales, Jordy Ndjeka, Myles-Jordan Senior-Campbell and Matt Harvey are the players that have signed.
The moves come after the club found out Danny Green could miss up to three months with a broken nose and Steve Wales remains a few weeks away from fitness after a hamstring injury.
“We’ve signed four of the development squad to first team paers,” revealed joint manager James Gray.
“You never know, they might get their opportunity sooner rather than later if we have a few injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The signings completed an excellent week for the reserve team. They opened their SSML Division Two campaign with a 3-1 victory over Stony Stratford Town.
Senior-Campbell made a run down the left and sent in a pin-point cross for Ndjeka to poke home from three yards. Swales made it 2-0 with a neat finish.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Stony Stratford pulled a goal back before Alex Yearwood completed the scoring before the break.
The second half didn’t live up to the excitement of the first as neither team created much in the way of goalscoring chances as St Albans saw out a 3-1 victory.