Quartet sign first-team papers
- Credit: Archant
Four reserve team players have signed National League South papers and could feature for the first team in the coming weeks.
Oran Swales, Jordy Ndjeka, Myles-Jordan Senior-Campbell and Matt Harvey are the players that have signed.
The moves come after the club found out Danny Green could miss up to three months with a broken nose and Steve Wales remains a few weeks away from fitness after a hamstring injury.
“We’ve signed four of the development squad to first team paers,” revealed joint manager James Gray.
“You never know, they might get their opportunity sooner rather than later if we have a few injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The signings completed an excellent week for the reserve team. They opened their SSML Division Two campaign with a 3-1 victory over Stony Stratford Town.
Senior-Campbell made a run down the left and sent in a pin-point cross for Ndjeka to poke home from three yards. Swales made it 2-0 with a neat finish.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
Stony Stratford pulled a goal back before Alex Yearwood completed the scoring before the break.
The second half didn’t live up to the excitement of the first as neither team created much in the way of goalscoring chances as St Albans saw out a 3-1 victory.