Quartet sign first-team papers
- Credit: Archant
Four reserve team players have signed National League South papers and could feature for the first team in the coming weeks.
Oran Swales, Jordy Ndjeka, Myles-Jordan Senior-Campbell and Matt Harvey are the players that have signed.
The moves come after the club found out Danny Green could miss up to three months with a broken nose and Steve Wales remains a few weeks away from fitness after a hamstring injury.
“We’ve signed four of the development squad to first team paers,” revealed joint manager James Gray.
“You never know, they might get their opportunity sooner rather than later if we have a few injuries.”
The signings completed an excellent week for the reserve team. They opened their SSML Division Two campaign with a 3-1 victory over Stony Stratford Town.
Senior-Campbell made a run down the left and sent in a pin-point cross for Ndjeka to poke home from three yards. Swales made it 2-0 with a neat finish.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
Stony Stratford pulled a goal back before Alex Yearwood completed the scoring before the break.
The second half didn’t live up to the excitement of the first as neither team created much in the way of goalscoring chances as St Albans saw out a 3-1 victory.