PSV to make changes
HSCL Premier Division Chipperfield Corinthians 2 Park Street Village 0 PARK Street boss Ryan Thompson will make several changes to his side for this weekend s trip to Baldock Town Letchworth after seeing his side lose their third game in a row last weeken
HSCL Premier Division
Chipperfield Corinthians 2 Park Street Village 0
PARK Street boss Ryan Thompson will make several changes to his side for this weekend's trip to Baldock Town Letchworth after seeing his side lose their third game in a row last weekend.
An own goal from Lee Woodruff and a Graham Small free kick that was allowed to fly in from 40 yards saw PSV slip to a 2-0 reverse against Chipperfield Corinthians and Thompson insists changes have to be made to try and stop the rot.
"This week we're going to change the way we play," he told the Herts Advertiser.
"We're going back to the way we've played for the last few years that's brought us success. Baldock are a good side and we know their players are picking up good money.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 4 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
"Johnny Shearer, our reserve team goalkeeper, is going to come in for Tony Kerby.
The lads at the back have been superb all season, Chris Day and Dean Thompson were awesome.
"We've got to try something - our defence has been superb this year but we keep conceding silly goals and we need to see if our goalkeeper's not doing his job properly and commanding his six yard box.
"The first five minutes we started slowly. Our best chance came after a succession of about four or five corners. The ball came to Dean Thompson who chested it and volleyed it towards the top corner but their goalkeeper made a great save."
Park Street: Kerby; Shackell, Warn, C Day, Thompson, Tahon, Ruck, Woodruff, Murphy, M Day, Winyard.