PSV clash in doubt
PARK Street Village boss Ryan Thompson says he ll be amazed if Saturday s rearranged Herts Senior Centenary Trophy tie with Hatfield Town goes ahead. The clash was postponed last week because of the snow and Thompson fears that the fixture will not go ahe
PARK Street Village boss Ryan Thompson says he'll be amazed if Saturday's rearranged Herts Senior Centenary Trophy tie with Hatfield Town goes ahead.
The clash was postponed last week because of the snow and Thompson fears that the fixture will not go ahead this weekend either.
"I'll be amazed if it's on Saturday. I went over yesterday and there's still snow all over the pitch and big puddles everywhere. Like I've said before, Toulmin Drive is not the best of pitches and it does hold a lot of water."
As the tie is a cup fixture it has to be played and Thompson says this is not ideal as the club is facing a fixture backlog.
You may also want to watch:
"Because it's the semi-finals of the County Cup it's got to be played so the game keeps rolling over until it can be played at Toulmin Drive which isn't good because we are running out of space to fit the fixtures in. The only thing is I think a lot of teams are in the same position because there was only one game played at the weekend."
This week is shaping up to be a big one for PSV with the club's three senior sides all facing big cup games.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
"I really hope it is on because it's a big week for the club," added Thompson.
"We're in the semi final of the county cup and the reserves are in the semi final of the reserve cup against Harpenden Rovers who we haven't come across for a while. It's a bit of a local derby.
"Our third team are in the quarter finals of the Junior County Cup against Bengeo Trinity who beat us in the final a few years ago so hopefully they can get through in that.
"So it's a big weekend for the club. We're lucky that we've got three sides that are really strong this week because we've had everybody available."
If PSV's clash with Hatfield Town beats the weather it will kick off at 1.45pm. It will be a tough game for PSV with their opponents enjoying a good season in Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One.