PSG V Arsenal: The Gunners expect a ‘great game’
- Credit: Archant
Before Arsenal meet Paris Saint-Germain on the pitch tonight (Tuesday) the Gunners spent yesterday training in London Colney, at the team’s grounds near St Albans.
Ahead of the UEFA Champions League game, boss Arsene Wenger said that Laurent Koscielny was “alright” despite recently taking a knock to the face.
According to Arsenal’s website, Nacho Monreal reckons PSG “are a great team [which has] won many domestic titles over the last few years, and they keep on improving as the seasons go by.
“They are targeting a Champions League title and they are getting closer to their goal. Playing against them will definitely help us know our real level. On the other hand, PSG’s manager Unai Emery is very well known by our Spanish players and we are aware of how dangerous his teams are.
“He usually builds strong teams, capable of pressing really intensely or good with ball possession.
“Our fixture against PSFG is going to be a great test for both clubs, but we also have a great squad and I am expecting a great game against them. I think that we are really difficult to beat if we play 100 per cent, showing the right mentality.”
Arsene, at a press conference in Paris, said: “It’s a city I love, it’s my country, a country I love.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
“PSG are a good test for us. They’re a team who are, in France, the team above everyone else. In France they always produce good football teams and players, so it’s exciting to come to this city and compare to where we are this season compared to everyone else.”
Arsenal meet Paris Saint-Germain in the French capital tonight, with kick-off at 7.45pm at Parc des Princes.