‘Proud moment’ for Roundwood Park as they are named Sport School of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park School in Harpenden has been crowned Secondary Sport School of the Year at the St Albans District Sports Awards.
The awards are held annually and celebrate school and community sporting endeavours.
And the school were delighted to come out on top of some very strong competition after a stellar year.
They held a successful This Girl Can week as well as putting on plenty of sports club provision, satellite clubs and international sports tours.
The school could also boast PE exam success and numerous highly-accomplished school teams, including the trampolining squad, a national title-winning golf trio and a flourishing equestrian team.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s U14 and U16 girls’ athletics squad and the U18 boys’ football team were also nominated for Secondary Team of the Year, while Josh Woods was included in the U21 Young Elite Performer of the Year.
Roundwood’s head of PE Matt Hunter said: “This is a hugely proud moment for the staff and students who commit so much time, energy and passion to the sporting endeavours of the school.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
“It is also reward for all the parents and carers who support so whole-heartedly.
“We hope that this award can further increase school spirit and prompt even more students to push for personal improvement, live an active, healthy lifestyle and engage with competitive activities both in and out of school time.”