Record-smashing run by Roundwood Park’s Mia McIntosh leads proud day for Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park School’s golden girl Mia McIntosh continued her amazing junior career by smashing the U15 British record over the 75m hurdles distance.
The Harpenden athlete was running at the English Schools' Championship and left the field in her wake as she set a new best time of 10.75 seconds.
She went into the event as defending champion but after clocking 11.01 last year, her main goal was to break the 11 second barrier.
But the Dacorum & Tring runner, who is trained by Deborah Keenleyside, did far better than that, eclipsing Pippa Early's championship record of 10.90 as well as Shirin Irving's national record of 10.85.
She wasn't the only success for the school who sent a total of six athletes to the event.
You may also want to watch:
And Josh Woods came home with two medals of his own, claiming a bronze in the triple jump and gold in the relay.
Tom Gaunce, Gabriel Lamb, Alex Mancey and Hannah Booth were the others involved.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district