Record-smashing run by Roundwood Park’s Mia McIntosh leads proud day for Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park School’s golden girl Mia McIntosh continued her amazing junior career by smashing the U15 British record over the 75m hurdles distance.
The Harpenden athlete was running at the English Schools' Championship and left the field in her wake as she set a new best time of 10.75 seconds.
She went into the event as defending champion but after clocking 11.01 last year, her main goal was to break the 11 second barrier.
But the Dacorum & Tring runner, who is trained by Deborah Keenleyside, did far better than that, eclipsing Pippa Early's championship record of 10.90 as well as Shirin Irving's national record of 10.85.
She wasn't the only success for the school who sent a total of six athletes to the event.
You may also want to watch:
And Josh Woods came home with two medals of his own, claiming a bronze in the triple jump and gold in the relay.
Tom Gaunce, Gabriel Lamb, Alex Mancey and Hannah Booth were the others involved.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part