Record-smashing run by Roundwood Park’s Mia McIntosh leads proud day for Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park School’s golden girl Mia McIntosh continued her amazing junior career by smashing the U15 British record over the 75m hurdles distance.
The Harpenden athlete was running at the English Schools' Championship and left the field in her wake as she set a new best time of 10.75 seconds.
She went into the event as defending champion but after clocking 11.01 last year, her main goal was to break the 11 second barrier.
But the Dacorum & Tring runner, who is trained by Deborah Keenleyside, did far better than that, eclipsing Pippa Early's championship record of 10.90 as well as Shirin Irving's national record of 10.85.
She wasn't the only success for the school who sent a total of six athletes to the event.
And Josh Woods came home with two medals of his own, claiming a bronze in the triple jump and gold in the relay.
Tom Gaunce, Gabriel Lamb, Alex Mancey and Hannah Booth were the others involved.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead