Prospects handed Harlequins chance
TWO young rugby league prospects have been selected to join the scholarship programme for a top Engage Super League XIII outfit. St Albans Centurions duo George Gower (Under 16s) and Aaron Exley (Under 13s) have been selected for the Harlequins
TWO young rugby league prospects have been selected to join the scholarship programme for a top Engage Super League XIII outfit.
St Albans Centurions duo George Gower (Under 16s) and Aaron Exley (Under 13s) have been selected for the Harlequins RL Academy Scholarship programme for 2009.
George, who attends Townsend School in St Albans was selected after his impressive displays representing London and the South in regional competitions. Aaron, who attends Beaumont School in St Albans, was selected from the young hopefuls who attended a two-day trial at Quins.
Centurions Head coach Shane Rampling praised the duo. He said: "They are two of the nicest lads you could meet and they love their rugby league. The good thing from our point of view is that they will be getting training and coaching from a professional Rugby League club but still be able to play for Centurions.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only is it an enormous achievement for these boys, who have only been playing rugby league for a year, but also for the club to have produced two such outstanding players.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads