Promising Radlett race ace looking for support to achieve F4 success
- Credit: Archant
A Radlett racing driver is hoping he can make the step up to the next level after a successful Formaula 4 test at Silverstone.
Alex Jones made his F4 debut in the GW Motorsport car on Friday.
And despite the damp conditions, the 23-year-old adapted quickly to the car in the opening session before getting stuck in and posting consistent times in the second of the mornings’ runs.
Jones, who has been diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder, is targeting at least a partial campaign in the championship in 2017, which will continue to be a support series for the ever-popular British Touring Car package and feature live TV coverage on ITV4 at every weekend on the calendar.
To make that dream a reality and make the step up from Formula Vee, he is looking to attract partners to help bridge the leap in budget required.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really happy with how the morning sessions went”, Jones said. “I found I got to grips with the car reasonably quickly and was able to push and get into a rhythm by the second session.
“I had a big grin on my face and I just didn’t want it to end.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
“It was a shame we weren’t able to get any dry running in but I feel I made the most of the time I had in the car and I hope to be back behind the wheel of one of these cars in the not too distant future.
“Ultimately it all comes down to budget and we’re working harder than ever to put a package together to make this happen.
“British F4 and the TOCA support package provides some of the most exciting and competitive racing in the country.
“It’s a great platform for partners and offers numerous marketing benefits. And my primary focus is to be a part of it in 2017.”