Prize giving night after successful year for bowls club
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club held their annual end-of-year awards night this month.
Guests at the ceremony, held at Aldwickbury Golf Club, included the Hertfordshire Men’s President, Graham Searle, and the Ladies St Albans and District president, Sylvia Pullen.
Tom Muir won the Junior County singles and the County Two Wood Singles.
Both the ladies’ and men’s District Triples and the Men’s pairs were won by Harpenden teams.
The club also had a mixed team getting through to the quarter-final of the Tony Alcock Trophy, the men winning the Bob Vise competition and the ladies winning the Double Rink.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were presented by club president, Peter Hubball.
The club will hope for an even better year when the season begins again in April.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church