Prize giving night after successful year for bowls club
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club held their annual end-of-year awards night this month.
Guests at the ceremony, held at Aldwickbury Golf Club, included the Hertfordshire Men’s President, Graham Searle, and the Ladies St Albans and District president, Sylvia Pullen.
Tom Muir won the Junior County singles and the County Two Wood Singles.
Both the ladies’ and men’s District Triples and the Men’s pairs were won by Harpenden teams.
The club also had a mixed team getting through to the quarter-final of the Tony Alcock Trophy, the men winning the Bob Vise competition and the ladies winning the Double Rink.
The awards were presented by club president, Peter Hubball.
The club will hope for an even better year when the season begins again in April.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star