Prize for top teas
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the bes
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the St Albans District and we want to honour those who make them.
On Saturday, July 5, we'll ask your cricket tea team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea. We will collect it from your club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
You may also want to watch:
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and an all important trophy.
If you think your club's a winner, enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more information.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities