Prize for top teas
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the bes
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the St Albans District and we want to honour those who make them.
On Saturday, July 5, we'll ask your cricket tea team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea. We will collect it from your club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and an all important trophy.
If you think your club's a winner, enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment