Prize for top teas
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district. Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect? We re looking for the bes
ORGANISERS of the St Albans Food & Drink Festival are looking to catch the best cricket tea in the district.
Does your team provide a cricket tea to beat all others? Are the home-made cakes to die for and the sandwiches perfect?
We're looking for the best tea made by any club in the St Albans District and we want to honour those who make them.
On Saturday, July 5, we'll ask your cricket tea team to provide five extra portions of that day's match tea. We will collect it from your club around 4pm and the best tea will be decided by 22 hungry cricketers at a friendly game being played in Verulamium Park.
You may also want to watch:
The winning club will receive £100 to go towards the youth development and an all important trophy.
If you think your club's a winner, enter the competition by emailing the Food and Drink Festival Director, Phil Jones, with your clubs' name and a daytime contact to email@example.com, or call 0161 839 7897 or 0161 834 4312 for more information.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style