Pritchard grabs six wickets as Redbourn starts with a win

Redbourn celebrate taking a wicket

Redbourn celebrate taking a wicket - Credit: Archant

Adam Pritchard picked up a six wicket haul as Redbourn got their Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Division 3A campaign off to a winning start.

The young leg-spinner ended with 6-32 to help the club to a five wicket win over Berkhamsted at Redbourn Common.

He was backed up by the performance of Ed Hales with the bat who hit 63 off 59 balls, helping Redbourn home with nine balls to spare.

Berkhamstead elected to bat first and put on 193-9. They were propelled to that total thanks to a fine 90 from Alan Gofton.

However, Pritichard’s arrival in the bowling attack kept new partners arriving at regular intervals.

John Fleming, Josh Arnold and Callum Moyle claimed the other three wickets.

Redbourn raced towards their target at the start, with Hales and Gary Sandford putting on 77, before the latter was dismissed for 19.

Most Read

Two wickets fell shortly afterwards as first Doug Foster accounted for George Naismith and then Brad Klosterman dismissed Hales.

Skipper Dan Roe survived the loss of Alex Salter and Ben Roe before finishing off the game with Simon Osman, the captain ending on a solid 55.

Next up for Redbourn is a trip to Old Elizabethans.

It was a successful day already for the club with both the 3rds and 4ths also tasting victory.

The thirds defeated Old Minchendians in Division 9B by five wickets.

Chasing a total of 171, Dan Lennox top scored with 78, putting on 101 for the first wicket with Thomas Copp.

Jack Blair and Chris Renwick saw the side home with just under seven overs to go.

Blair also picked up the best bowling figures finishing with 4-25 from his 10 overs.

The fourths had Steve Thorne and Marcus Oriel to thank as they beat Chipperfield Clarrendon III by 10 wickets.

Thorne hit an impressive 101 not out and Oriel 62 as the openers reached 200 without loss.

Simon Emmins was the pick of the bowlers finishing with 2-35.

The seconds game at London Colney was cancelled.