Preview: St Albans City vs Hadley
- Credit: Archant
Hadley can expect a stern test in Tuesday night’s Herts Senior Cup quarter-final against St Albans City at Clarence Park.
Joint managers James Gray and Graham Golds will be looking to reach the semi-final of the cup for the first time since they took the helm at the Saints. The last two years have ended in defeat at the hands of Hemel Hempstead at this stage of the competition.
SSML Premier Division outfit Hadley pose a lesser challenge than previous years - three leagues separate the teams - but Gray is not taking the competition for granted.
“We’ll have a good squad game on Tuesday night,” he said. “I want to win the game, and the cup.”
The Saints are expected to put out a mix of youth and experienced players. Gray has indicated that James Comley and David Keenleyside, both returning from injury, will feature in some capacity while James Kaloczi, who has returned from his loan spell at Wingate and Finchley, is in line for a start.
You may also want to watch:
Fans could also get another look at Jack Green after his fantastic performance against Gosport Borough in the Vanarama Conference South. Youth products David Longe-King and Alex Yearwood are also expected to play.
The club has dropped the admission price to a flat rate of £5 for the game. Kick-off at Clarence Park is 7.45pm.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?