Preview: Saints vs Billericay round two
- Credit: Archant
St Albans will look to continue their run of good form when they host Billericay Town in the second qualifying round of the F.A Trophy this Saturday.
The teams have already met once this season, in the second qualifying round of the F.A Cup, when City ran out 2-0 winners thanks to goals from John Frendo and Mark Nwokeji.
The result sparked a run of form which has since seen the Saints go nine games unbeaten in all competitions.
Speaking ahead of the game, joint manager James Gray said: “We’ve already done the job on them once so I think we can get the upper hand.
“The lads will have a rest and hopefully we get some good news with injuries and have a good squad to choose from.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: ““We’re just happy with the home draw. Apart from a couple of losses in the league our home form has been good and we like to get the fans down to Clarence Park.”
Darren Locke is unlikely to feature for the Saints after he aggravated a groin injury in Monday night’s victory over Hitchin Town, whilst Ben Martin, Howard Hall and James Comley are all doubts.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Billericay Town are currently in 10th place in the Ryman Isthmian Premier Division after hitting the buffers with two defeats on the bounce following a run of five successive victories.