Preview: OAs welcome Worthing to Woollams
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian welcome Worthing Raiders to Woollams Playing Fields this Saturday hoping to end their three-game, winless run in National League One.
The last time the teams met OAs narrowly came out on top, winning 32-31, thanks in part to the excellent play of Lawrence Rayner, who notched 22 points on the day.
The team took the momentum and picked up four wins in six games but their form has taken a turn in the last three weeks with losses to Doncaster Knights, Wharfedale and Blackheath.
Worthing’s fortunes are not that much better, having lost four straight. Their last win came against relegated Hull Ionians on March 1 but it was only their seventh victory of the season; a record that sees them sitting second from bottom in the table.
While OAs’ fate in the league is safe for the 2014/15 campaign, Raiders’ is not, which makes for, potentially, a very good game.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s game kicks off at 3pm.
Before the game the club is hosting an end of season family fun day, featuring a BBQ, bouncy castle and raffles.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images