Preview: OAs welcome Worthing to Woollams
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian welcome Worthing Raiders to Woollams Playing Fields this Saturday hoping to end their three-game, winless run in National League One.
The last time the teams met OAs narrowly came out on top, winning 32-31, thanks in part to the excellent play of Lawrence Rayner, who notched 22 points on the day.
The team took the momentum and picked up four wins in six games but their form has taken a turn in the last three weeks with losses to Doncaster Knights, Wharfedale and Blackheath.
Worthing’s fortunes are not that much better, having lost four straight. Their last win came against relegated Hull Ionians on March 1 but it was only their seventh victory of the season; a record that sees them sitting second from bottom in the table.
While OAs’ fate in the league is safe for the 2014/15 campaign, Raiders’ is not, which makes for, potentially, a very good game.
Saturday’s game kicks off at 3pm.
Before the game the club is hosting an end of season family fun day, featuring a BBQ, bouncy castle and raffles.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead