Preview: City travel to The Gore amid Burnham changes
- Credit: Archant
A quick start is the key victory against Burnham, according to St Albans City joint manager Graham Golds.
The teams are scheduled to meeting tonight (Tuesday, 7.45pm) at The Gore.
“We if start well then we tend to play well for the whole game, but if we’re slow then we struggle to get any momentum,” Golds told the Herts Ad.
“We need to get at them, get an early goal, get some confidence in the side and grow into the game.”
The manager admitted Burnham are an unknown entity due to the changes currently ongoing at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Martin Stone and his assistant Laurie Craker left the club with immediate effect on February 18 after an alleged dispute about wages, according to the Maidenhead Advertiser.
Robin Mallinson, an academy coach at League One side Brentford who joined Burnham earlier this season, has since been appointed to take the reins.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Don’t know much about them – even if we did have any notes about them the changes down there would have made them [redundant].
“It’s one of those games where we need to go down there and get the job done.”
Burnham are currently 11th in the league and picked up one point from two games since the departures of Stone and Craker, losing 7-2 to Cambridge City and drawing 1-1 with bottom side Bashley.