Premier League new boys Watford coming to Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
Watford Football Club will be bringing its Premier League stars to Clarence Park next week for a pre-season friendly with St Albans City.
The Saints and the Hornets will square off on Wednesday, July 8. Kick off is 7.45pm.
It comes two days after former Saint Ian Gayle returns to the club, following a successful loan spell last season, with Dagenham and Redbridge for St Albans’ pre-season opener.
It is a real coup for City to secure a friendly against the Premier League new boys and co-owner Lawrence Levy for one is thrilled to welcome Watford to Clarence Park.
“This is marvelous for St Albans to have our close neighbour Watford Football Club at Clarence Park,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great to have Watford back in the Premier League and feel St Albans City is a place they want to bring their stars to.”
The Hornets, who finished runners up in the Championship, will bring a first-team squad to St Albans next week, meaning the likes of Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo, as well as new signings Giedrius Arlauskis and Sebastian Prodl, will be on show.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash