Premier League new boys Watford coming to Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
Watford Football Club will be bringing its Premier League stars to Clarence Park next week for a pre-season friendly with St Albans City.
The Saints and the Hornets will square off on Wednesday, July 8. Kick off is 7.45pm.
It comes two days after former Saint Ian Gayle returns to the club, following a successful loan spell last season, with Dagenham and Redbridge for St Albans’ pre-season opener.
It is a real coup for City to secure a friendly against the Premier League new boys and co-owner Lawrence Levy for one is thrilled to welcome Watford to Clarence Park.
“This is marvelous for St Albans to have our close neighbour Watford Football Club at Clarence Park,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great to have Watford back in the Premier League and feel St Albans City is a place they want to bring their stars to.”
The Hornets, who finished runners up in the Championship, will bring a first-team squad to St Albans next week, meaning the likes of Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo, as well as new signings Giedrius Arlauskis and Sebastian Prodl, will be on show.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth