Premier League new-boys QPR to visit City
Second pre-season fixture confirmed
PREMIER League side Queens Park Rangers will visit Clarence Park for a pre-season friendly this summer.
Neil Warnock has agreed to send a side from his recently promoted club to take on St Albans City on Monday, July 18, with kick off at 7.15pm.
Rangers romped to the npower Championship title last season and are gearing up for their first top flight campaign since the 1995/96 season.
Owner Lawrence Levy told the Herts Advertiser: “It’s fantastic news for us to be able to attract a top Premier League club to Clarence Park.”
The QPR fixture is City’s fourth confirmed pre-season fixture joining those already announced with Potters Bar, Royston Town and FC Gabala of Azerbaijan.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins