Premier League new-boys QPR to visit City
Second pre-season fixture confirmed
PREMIER League side Queens Park Rangers will visit Clarence Park for a pre-season friendly this summer.
Neil Warnock has agreed to send a side from his recently promoted club to take on St Albans City on Monday, July 18, with kick off at 7.15pm.
Rangers romped to the npower Championship title last season and are gearing up for their first top flight campaign since the 1995/96 season.
Owner Lawrence Levy told the Herts Advertiser: “It’s fantastic news for us to be able to attract a top Premier League club to Clarence Park.”
You may also want to watch:
The QPR fixture is City’s fourth confirmed pre-season fixture joining those already announced with Potters Bar, Royston Town and FC Gabala of Azerbaijan.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works