Premier League new-boys QPR to visit City
Second pre-season fixture confirmed
PREMIER League side Queens Park Rangers will visit Clarence Park for a pre-season friendly this summer.
Neil Warnock has agreed to send a side from his recently promoted club to take on St Albans City on Monday, July 18, with kick off at 7.15pm.
Rangers romped to the npower Championship title last season and are gearing up for their first top flight campaign since the 1995/96 season.
Owner Lawrence Levy told the Herts Advertiser: “It’s fantastic news for us to be able to attract a top Premier League club to Clarence Park.”
You may also want to watch:
The QPR fixture is City’s fourth confirmed pre-season fixture joining those already announced with Potters Bar, Royston Town and FC Gabala of Azerbaijan.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes