Premier action for Saints
St Peter’s promoted to HSCL Premier Division
ST PETER’S will play in the Herts Senior County Premier Division next season after a dramatic late change at the league’s AGM.
The Saints feared they’d missed out on promotion to the top division after finishing fourth last season and the early indication was that they’d remain in Division One next season, however Croxley Guild’s demotion to Division One, revealed just 30 minutes before last Wednesday’s AGM gifted the Saints a late promotion.
The club will continue to share Colney Heath’s facilities and work closely with their Spartan South Midlands Premier Division landlords, giving the Magpies’ fringe players game time on Saturdays when needed.
The Saints will again be managed by Dave Whitehead next season with Kevin Barnes and Tony Gauthier assisting.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-season training gets underway on Tuesday, June 28, at the Recreation Ground, Colney Heath and anybody who is interested in attending should contact Dave Whitehead in advance on 07877 405 630.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre