Power and Warner send Colney through
- Credit: Archant
London Colney eased through to round two of the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup after beating Stotfold 2-0.
Jimmy Warner and Dan Power, in his first game back from suspension, found the net to set up a second round home tie against Wembley on October 28.
Keen to make up for missing two games, Power had the first chance of the evening when his fine strike flashed across the face of the goal following a quick throw in from Cain Davey.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel had a goal ruled out for offside and was denied three times as the first half ended goalless.
The deadlock was finally broken on 75 minutes when Clarke-Mardel and Power combined down the right wing to set up Warner, who beat the offside trap and placed the ball in the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
He nearly had a second goal to his name moments later but his shot whistled past the post.
Power made the game safe in injury-time, blasting the ball into the net following a neat one-two with Josh Galloway.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
This Saturday is Non-League Day so London Colney is offering half-price admission, £3, to their SSML Premier Division match against St Margaretsbury.