Power and Warner send Colney through
- Credit: Archant
London Colney eased through to round two of the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup after beating Stotfold 2-0.
Jimmy Warner and Dan Power, in his first game back from suspension, found the net to set up a second round home tie against Wembley on October 28.
Keen to make up for missing two games, Power had the first chance of the evening when his fine strike flashed across the face of the goal following a quick throw in from Cain Davey.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel had a goal ruled out for offside and was denied three times as the first half ended goalless.
The deadlock was finally broken on 75 minutes when Clarke-Mardel and Power combined down the right wing to set up Warner, who beat the offside trap and placed the ball in the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
He nearly had a second goal to his name moments later but his shot whistled past the post.
Power made the game safe in injury-time, blasting the ball into the net following a neat one-two with Josh Galloway.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
This Saturday is Non-League Day so London Colney is offering half-price admission, £3, to their SSML Premier Division match against St Margaretsbury.