Power and Warner send Colney through
- Credit: Archant
London Colney eased through to round two of the Dudley Statham Premier Division Cup after beating Stotfold 2-0.
Jimmy Warner and Dan Power, in his first game back from suspension, found the net to set up a second round home tie against Wembley on October 28.
Keen to make up for missing two games, Power had the first chance of the evening when his fine strike flashed across the face of the goal following a quick throw in from Cain Davey.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel had a goal ruled out for offside and was denied three times as the first half ended goalless.
The deadlock was finally broken on 75 minutes when Clarke-Mardel and Power combined down the right wing to set up Warner, who beat the offside trap and placed the ball in the bottom corner.
He nearly had a second goal to his name moments later but his shot whistled past the post.
Power made the game safe in injury-time, blasting the ball into the net following a neat one-two with Josh Galloway.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
This Saturday is Non-League Day so London Colney is offering half-price admission, £3, to their SSML Premier Division match against St Margaretsbury.