Positive finish for Greenwood Park
Division Nine Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47) With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game. Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47)
With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game.
Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
Openers Mel Baker and John Eyre put on 29. Roland James then combined with Eyre (25) for 38 runs.
With the overs running out, James (42) and Kev Atkins risked all to blitz 28 from three overs and Park closed on 127-9.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Opening bowlers Joe Cole and Dave Lee took a wicket each. Lee continued his contribution with two excellent catches.
Cole returned to claim a couple courtesy of catches by wicket keeper Eyre and an outstanding effort by Atkins at mid off.
The introduction of Atkins' left arm spin brought success first ball and claimed two more wickets but Luton took the draw on 104 for 8.
Park can look forward to friendly games as the wet cricket season flows to its autumn end. They welcome new players of all ages and standards. For more details email email@example.com