Positive finish for Greenwood Park
Division Nine Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47) With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game. Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47)
With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game.
Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Openers Mel Baker and John Eyre put on 29. Roland James then combined with Eyre (25) for 38 runs.
With the overs running out, James (42) and Kev Atkins risked all to blitz 28 from three overs and Park closed on 127-9.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Opening bowlers Joe Cole and Dave Lee took a wicket each. Lee continued his contribution with two excellent catches.
Cole returned to claim a couple courtesy of catches by wicket keeper Eyre and an outstanding effort by Atkins at mid off.
The introduction of Atkins' left arm spin brought success first ball and claimed two more wickets but Luton took the draw on 104 for 8.
Park can look forward to friendly games as the wet cricket season flows to its autumn end. They welcome new players of all ages and standards. For more details email email@example.com