Positive finish for Greenwood Park
Division Nine Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47) With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game. Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
Greenwood Park 127-9 (53) Luton Town & Indians 104-8 (47)
With far from ideal weather for cricket, Park entertained Luton Town & Indians for their final league game.
Luton & Indians decided to bowl first on the extremely damp wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Openers Mel Baker and John Eyre put on 29. Roland James then combined with Eyre (25) for 38 runs.
With the overs running out, James (42) and Kev Atkins risked all to blitz 28 from three overs and Park closed on 127-9.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
Opening bowlers Joe Cole and Dave Lee took a wicket each. Lee continued his contribution with two excellent catches.
Cole returned to claim a couple courtesy of catches by wicket keeper Eyre and an outstanding effort by Atkins at mid off.
The introduction of Atkins' left arm spin brought success first ball and claimed two more wickets but Luton took the draw on 104 for 8.
Park can look forward to friendly games as the wet cricket season flows to its autumn end. They welcome new players of all ages and standards. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org