Poor start prevents Tabard claiming London Welsh scalp
- Credit: Archant
Tabard will look back on a painfully slow start to the match as the moment a momentous win disappeared as they lost 31-15 at London Welsh.
The Radlett-based side produced some of their best rugby for many a year against the runaway London North West Three leaders but shipping 19 points in the opening 12 minutes proved too tall an obstacle to overcome.
From then though a big crowd of over 600 in Old Deer Park were treated to an even contest with both teams producing free-flowing rugby.
Joe Reilly got them on the board with a try in the corner and a second unconverted try, this time by Cam O’Connor, got them back to 19-10 at half-time.
The teams traded tries at the start of the second half, Tom King finding a gap out wide to keep Tabard within a score of a losing bonus point.
You may also want to watch:
But with the light fading it was the Welsh who found enough in the tank to grab a final converted score.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden