Better performance but poor start costs Oaklands Wolves away to Leicester Riders
- Credit: Archant
Lee Ryan felt a slow start to their WBBL Trophy game at Leicester Riders was the reason Oaklands Wolves slipped to a 95-83.
They trailed 27-15 after the opening 10 minutes but from then on there was nothing to separate the two sides.
And that fact gives the St Albans-based side’s head coach plenty of confidence.
He said: “It was important to give a better performance than last week and we did but a poor spell in first period ultimately cost us and defensively we are still off pace.
“If we could have stayed in contact with them going into the game the result could have been different, especially when you look at the second-half performance we put in.
You may also want to watch:
“We have one more trophy game on Saturday and we will be using it as preparation for the return to league play.”
Anneke Schluter was Wolves’ top scorer on 21 while Roya Rustamzada managed 17.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
They face Cardiff Met Archers on Saturday.