Better performance but poor start costs Oaklands Wolves away to Leicester Riders
- Credit: Archant
Lee Ryan felt a slow start to their WBBL Trophy game at Leicester Riders was the reason Oaklands Wolves slipped to a 95-83.
They trailed 27-15 after the opening 10 minutes but from then on there was nothing to separate the two sides.
And that fact gives the St Albans-based side’s head coach plenty of confidence.
He said: “It was important to give a better performance than last week and we did but a poor spell in first period ultimately cost us and defensively we are still off pace.
“If we could have stayed in contact with them going into the game the result could have been different, especially when you look at the second-half performance we put in.
You may also want to watch:
“We have one more trophy game on Saturday and we will be using it as preparation for the return to league play.”
Anneke Schluter was Wolves’ top scorer on 21 while Roya Rustamzada managed 17.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
They face Cardiff Met Archers on Saturday.