Pool: Amateur Nations Championships coming to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Hurricane Room is set to host some of Europe’s top 9ball players as the Amateur Nations Championships arrives in St Albans.
On March 28-30, teams of six players will represent Belgium, England, Ireland and Wales in the first running of the championship.
9Ball is a discipline of pool where the balls are racked in a diamond shape and are pocketed in order one to nine.
Hurricane Room in St Albans was selected as the venue to hold this prestigious event as it offers ‘superb’ facilities.
A spokesman for Total9ball, which has been running events at Hurricane Room for the past three years, said: “We are always very well looked after at the club and we regularly receive positive feedback on the club and its equipment.”
You may also want to watch:
England has two teams entered into this event and local player Chris Bryant battled through tough competitions to book his place in the B team.
The Amateur Nations Championships kicks off at 7pm on Friday, March 28.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind