Plumb praises Town after seven-goal rout
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town recorded their biggest win of the season on Tuesday night, beating Stony Stratford Town 7-0.
Harry Hunt bagged himself a hat-trick and there were also goals for Stefan Geraldes, in the first minute of the game, Mark Hitchcock, Jack Cartwright and Connor Arnold.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “It was a good result, especially the clean sheet, but the most pleasing thing was that we had a strong turnout. For players to go up to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night shows the players’ spirit and that they want to play for Harpenden Town.”
Tuesday game was just Plumb’s third in charge since taking over from Simon Andrews as the weather has played havoc with the fixture list.
“It’s been difficult with the weather,” he conceded.
You may also want to watch:
“But we’ve been training on Saturdays and during the week and all the players have been turning up - we had 16 last night, which is fantastic.
“I now have a selection problem but it’s a good problem to have.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Since arriving at Rothamsted Park, Plumb has brought in Stuart Henderson from St Albans City on loan and Andy Saul from London Colney.
Saul, in particular, has made a big impact, according to the manager.
“His experience has made a big difference; it’s really good to have him here.”
This Saturday Harpenden entertain Southall, 3pm kick-off.