Plenty of positives despite Hemel draw - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
Hemel Hempstead Town grabbed a last minute goal to salvage a draw at home to St Albans City – but despite that disappointment there is still plenty to feel positive about for Saints fans.
A Kyle Connolly own goal and a Michael Thalassitis header had given City a 2-0 lead and they had chances to stretch that advantage.
However, strikes from Ibra Sekajja and Adam Bailey-Dennis, as the match moved into injury time, denied St Albans another big win in their fight to avoid relegation.
the point does lift them out of the dropzone with three games to go and the way they played at Vauxhall Road shows they are still up for the fight.
Photographer Bob Walkley captured the action-packed game in front of a sizeable crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Havant & Waterlooville provided City’s next opponents, in a 3pm kick-off on Saturday at Clarence Park.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans