Plenty of positives despite Hemel draw - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
Hemel Hempstead Town grabbed a last minute goal to salvage a draw at home to St Albans City – but despite that disappointment there is still plenty to feel positive about for Saints fans.
A Kyle Connolly own goal and a Michael Thalassitis header had given City a 2-0 lead and they had chances to stretch that advantage.
However, strikes from Ibra Sekajja and Adam Bailey-Dennis, as the match moved into injury time, denied St Albans another big win in their fight to avoid relegation.
the point does lift them out of the dropzone with three games to go and the way they played at Vauxhall Road shows they are still up for the fight.
Photographer Bob Walkley captured the action-packed game in front of a sizeable crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Havant & Waterlooville provided City’s next opponents, in a 3pm kick-off on Saturday at Clarence Park.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans