Plenty of personal bests for St Albans Striders at two half marathons
- Credit: Archant
Two half marathons kept St Albans Striders busy this week – but both produced a number of personal bests
Twenty took part in the first ever Herts Half, held at Knebworth, with Jamie Sinclair’s time of one hour 31 minutes the quickest of the PBs.
Jay A’Court, Robin Newby and Emma Jardine, who was also the first female Strider to finish, also went quicker than ever before.
Daniel Langton was the first male Strider home.
The event offered some Striders a chance to run their first half marathon.
You may also want to watch:
Evie Allan clocked 1:53 while Ruth Hodgkinson finished in 1:51.
Mark Watkin ran his first half in six years, finishing in 1:50 and it was Linda Powell’s first half since undergoing surgery.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
A smaller number of Striders were at the St Neots’ half where there were PBs for Chris Williams, the first Strider to finish, Rose McGinness, Laura Astley and Katie Bunting.