Plenty of best times as St Albans Striders enjoy Swanage trip
- Credit: Archant
Forty St Albans Striders took advantage of the brief lull between most spring marathons and the start of the midweek running league to head to Swanage for the club’s annual weekend away.
A trip to Poole Parkrun saw a number of 5km personal bests.
Steve Buckle was the third of 892 overall with a time of 16 minutes 47 seconds, Philip Evans sixth in 17:16 (PB) and Graham Smith 8th in 17:29.
Gareth Beavis set a new PB of 18:02 as did Richard Evans (18:43), Richard Vaughan (21:17) and Kate Burn (23:29).
Elsewhere Stephen Hosty completed the Liverpool Spring City 10K in 37:36, Ella Gale finished the 14.2 mile Wings for Life World Run in Cambridge in 1.59:57, Ian Hirth ran the Thames 22 Bridge Challenge in 3.40 and Neil Mallon got a new best time for five miles in Marlow, clocking in at 44:57.
Last but certainly not least, Tarynn Heasley ran the Prague Marathon comfortably under four hours with 3.53:48.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic