Plenty of best times as St Albans Striders enjoy Swanage trip
- Credit: Archant
Forty St Albans Striders took advantage of the brief lull between most spring marathons and the start of the midweek running league to head to Swanage for the club’s annual weekend away.
A trip to Poole Parkrun saw a number of 5km personal bests.
Steve Buckle was the third of 892 overall with a time of 16 minutes 47 seconds, Philip Evans sixth in 17:16 (PB) and Graham Smith 8th in 17:29.
Gareth Beavis set a new PB of 18:02 as did Richard Evans (18:43), Richard Vaughan (21:17) and Kate Burn (23:29).
Elsewhere Stephen Hosty completed the Liverpool Spring City 10K in 37:36, Ella Gale finished the 14.2 mile Wings for Life World Run in Cambridge in 1.59:57, Ian Hirth ran the Thames 22 Bridge Challenge in 3.40 and Neil Mallon got a new best time for five miles in Marlow, clocking in at 44:57.
You may also want to watch:
Last but certainly not least, Tarynn Heasley ran the Prague Marathon comfortably under four hours with 3.53:48.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works