Plenty of best times as St Albans Striders enjoy Swanage trip
- Credit: Archant
Forty St Albans Striders took advantage of the brief lull between most spring marathons and the start of the midweek running league to head to Swanage for the club’s annual weekend away.
A trip to Poole Parkrun saw a number of 5km personal bests.
Steve Buckle was the third of 892 overall with a time of 16 minutes 47 seconds, Philip Evans sixth in 17:16 (PB) and Graham Smith 8th in 17:29.
Gareth Beavis set a new PB of 18:02 as did Richard Evans (18:43), Richard Vaughan (21:17) and Kate Burn (23:29).
Elsewhere Stephen Hosty completed the Liverpool Spring City 10K in 37:36, Ella Gale finished the 14.2 mile Wings for Life World Run in Cambridge in 1.59:57, Ian Hirth ran the Thames 22 Bridge Challenge in 3.40 and Neil Mallon got a new best time for five miles in Marlow, clocking in at 44:57.
You may also want to watch:
Last but certainly not least, Tarynn Heasley ran the Prague Marathon comfortably under four hours with 3.53:48.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall