Player availability hits hard as Verulamians lose to Old Merchant Taylors’
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians suffered a 43-5 loss to Old Merchant Taylors’ as the problem of player availability hit home hard.
Vees were minus eight players from last week’s contest with Finchley, a problem that seems to be affecting the majority of clubs in Hertfordshire and beyond.
This clash at Cotlandswick was played in ideal conditions and the hosts, fresh from their fine performance seven days earlier, would have still been full of confidence, regardless of the changes made and the fact OMT were flying high in the division.
But the visitors showed why they are at the sharp end of the table as their Pacific islander contingent punctured the resolute defensive line at will.
Vees did keep them in check in the first-half and turned round 15-4 down.
You may also want to watch:
But when player-coach Sam Perry was forced to limp off it ended any resistance and OMT ran out worthy winners.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan