Phoenix duo reach new coaching level
HERTS Phoenix coaches Ian Burrows and Katherine Walker have stepped up a level after 12 months of study, training and practical assessment. Burrows and Walker have each qualified as UK;Athletics Level 3 Performance coaches.
HERTS Phoenix coaches Ian Burrows and Katherine Walker have stepped up a level after 12 months of study, training and practical assessment.
Burrows and Walker have each qualified as UK;Athletics Level 3 Performance coaches.
As well as obtaining this qualification Ian is a selector and team manager for the Hertfordshire Schools Combined Events teams and a team manager for the Hertfordshire Schools team attending the English Schools Track and Field Championships this year.
Katherine is also a qualified official and is regularly seen officiating at meetings throughout the region.
You may also want to watch:
Last year a record 16 Herts Phoenix athletes were called up to the Hertfordshire schools team for the English Schools Championships and this year that number was even higher with 21 athletes selected to go to Gateshead on Friday, July 11 and Saturday, July 12.
The club is has also gained a place on the England Athletics Eastern Region 'Developing Excellence in Coaching' scheme.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25