Phoenix duo reach new coaching level
HERTS Phoenix coaches Ian Burrows and Katherine Walker have stepped up a level after 12 months of study, training and practical assessment. Burrows and Walker have each qualified as UK;Athletics Level 3 Performance coaches.
HERTS Phoenix coaches Ian Burrows and Katherine Walker have stepped up a level after 12 months of study, training and practical assessment.
Burrows and Walker have each qualified as UK;Athletics Level 3 Performance coaches.
As well as obtaining this qualification Ian is a selector and team manager for the Hertfordshire Schools Combined Events teams and a team manager for the Hertfordshire Schools team attending the English Schools Track and Field Championships this year.
Katherine is also a qualified official and is regularly seen officiating at meetings throughout the region.
You may also want to watch:
Last year a record 16 Herts Phoenix athletes were called up to the Hertfordshire schools team for the English Schools Championships and this year that number was even higher with 21 athletes selected to go to Gateshead on Friday, July 11 and Saturday, July 12.
The club is has also gained a place on the England Athletics Eastern Region 'Developing Excellence in Coaching' scheme.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge