Peters guides Sandridge to victory
All-rounder sets up win number two
SHL Division Six
Sandridge 243-8 dec
Totteridge Millhillians 121
Sandridge won by 122 runs
SANDRIDGE recorded their second win of the season thanks to a superb performance with both bat and ball from Lenny Peters.
Sandridge skipper Pete Camm, who is yet to win a toss this season, continued true to form losing again. However surprisingly on what looked like a good batting surface, Totteridge elected to put Sandridge in to bat.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Openers Adam Temple and Camm started positively, however with the score on 22 Camm was dismissed lbw to Low.
This brought Peters to the wicket and with Temple they seized the opportunity to dominate the Totteridge attack, putting on 128 for the second wicket, before Temple went for 55.
Peters looked well set for a 100, but the drinks interval seemed to affect his concentration and he was stumped off the bowling of Arun for a sparking 68. Backed up by some lusty middle order hitting, Dave Muskett (24), Paul Goodchild (19) and Kevin Murphy (19) saw Sandridge declare at 243-8.
After tea Sandridge opened with Peters and Muskett and immediately Muskett struck removing Book for 7.
Peters then began to weave his spin magic, and soon had the Totteridge batsman in a quandry.
John Murphy then came in to the attack with Peters and supported by some superb fielding Sandridge cleaned up dismissing Totteridge for 121.
Muphy finished with 3-29, but it was Man of the Match Lenny Peters with 6-64 backed up by his 68 that were the highlights of the day.