Peters guides Sandridge to victory
All-rounder sets up win number two
SHL Division Six
Sandridge 243-8 dec
Totteridge Millhillians 121
Sandridge won by 122 runs
You may also want to watch:
SANDRIDGE recorded their second win of the season thanks to a superb performance with both bat and ball from Lenny Peters.
Sandridge skipper Pete Camm, who is yet to win a toss this season, continued true to form losing again. However surprisingly on what looked like a good batting surface, Totteridge elected to put Sandridge in to bat.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Openers Adam Temple and Camm started positively, however with the score on 22 Camm was dismissed lbw to Low.
This brought Peters to the wicket and with Temple they seized the opportunity to dominate the Totteridge attack, putting on 128 for the second wicket, before Temple went for 55.
Peters looked well set for a 100, but the drinks interval seemed to affect his concentration and he was stumped off the bowling of Arun for a sparking 68. Backed up by some lusty middle order hitting, Dave Muskett (24), Paul Goodchild (19) and Kevin Murphy (19) saw Sandridge declare at 243-8.
After tea Sandridge opened with Peters and Muskett and immediately Muskett struck removing Book for 7.
Peters then began to weave his spin magic, and soon had the Totteridge batsman in a quandry.
John Murphy then came in to the attack with Peters and supported by some superb fielding Sandridge cleaned up dismissing Totteridge for 121.
Muphy finished with 3-29, but it was Man of the Match Lenny Peters with 6-64 backed up by his 68 that were the highlights of the day.