Peter Waller joins Colney Heath as head coach
- Credit: Archant
Peter Waller has been named as the new head coach for Colney Heath Football Club.
Waller, who counts Harpenden Town, Stotfold, Biggleswade United, Biggleswade Town and Bedford among his former clubs, will assist manager Micky Nathan for the upcoming season.
Speaking on Colney Heath’s website, Nathan said: “Peter has a wealth of experience to the club and his knowledge is first class.
“He knows this league inside out and the players also, he is already looking at speaking to players he knows and bringing a few with him.
“He is here for the long haul like myself, he sees it as a project and a chance to bring back the good days to Colney Heath FC.
“I have know Pete for a few years now and played against his sides many times. He is very clam and collected but very passionate about the game.
“I met with him a few times and listened to what he had to say and he listened to me also. It just seemed to click and we knew that we could achieve something great.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
“To have him on board is fantastic, not just for the first team but for the whole club.
“I cant wait for pre-season and the players are going to love what we are preparing.
“We want players that are going to be committed and focused on goals we set.”
Nathan is still looking for to add to his backroom staff with a coach the next priority.