Peter Waller joins Colney Heath as head coach
- Credit: Archant
Peter Waller has been named as the new head coach for Colney Heath Football Club.
Waller, who counts Harpenden Town, Stotfold, Biggleswade United, Biggleswade Town and Bedford among his former clubs, will assist manager Micky Nathan for the upcoming season.
Speaking on Colney Heath’s website, Nathan said: “Peter has a wealth of experience to the club and his knowledge is first class.
“He knows this league inside out and the players also, he is already looking at speaking to players he knows and bringing a few with him.
“He is here for the long haul like myself, he sees it as a project and a chance to bring back the good days to Colney Heath FC.
You may also want to watch:
“I have know Pete for a few years now and played against his sides many times. He is very clam and collected but very passionate about the game.
“I met with him a few times and listened to what he had to say and he listened to me also. It just seemed to click and we knew that we could achieve something great.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
“To have him on board is fantastic, not just for the first team but for the whole club.
“I cant wait for pre-season and the players are going to love what we are preparing.
“We want players that are going to be committed and focused on goals we set.”
Nathan is still looking for to add to his backroom staff with a coach the next priority.