Peter Alliss new honorary vice president at Centurion Club
- Credit: © Getty Images
The ‘voice of golf’ has been given a major title at a private, St Albans-based club.
Centurion Club, located on Hemel Hempstead Road, has announced that Peter Alliss has taken up a new role as honorary vice president.
Renowned for his charismatic and unique style of broadcasting, Alliss was one of the top golfers of his era before moving into television, and has since forged a hugely successful career, setting the tone for golf commentary worldwide.
“We are absolutely thrilled that Peter is now part of the Centurion family,” said managing director Scott Evans.
“He represents all that is good about golf to so many people, and is hugely experienced and accomplished”
You may also want to watch:
Alliss said: “It is a real privilege for me to take up this honorary position at such a splendid club as Centurion.
“The course is beautiful and a real test, but a thoroughly enjoyable one, and I’m excited to see the new clubhouse in all its glory when it opens on July 1.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
Centurion Club is one of Europe’s finest private clubs, offering a complete, members’ only five-star golfing experience while remaining refreshingly convivial and relaxed.
The 18-hole championship course is fun for golfers of all abilities, with the championship yardage of 7,195 yards ensuring the par-72 layout offers a serious test for top players.
Centurion has established a golf club for the 21st Century, one that understands today’s fast paced lifestyle, and has adapted its product offering to attract a membership that is looking for a club that rivals and goes beyond the very best for its quality and ambience.