Personal bests tumble for St Albans Striders who also impress on the track
- Credit: Archant
It was a night that lived up to the name as St Albans Striders held a ‘Night of PBs’ event at Westminster Lodge.
With runs at 400m, 800m, 3,000m and 5,000m, the night saw personal best times tumble for 35 of the 80 athletes involved.
Some even bettered their times at multiple distances.
It came the night after 16 Striders took part in the Midweek Track League.
Both the men’s and women’s teams were fourth with notable performances from Laura Hicks, who got a PB in the 400m hurdles, and Wendy Walsh who was third in the 400m and second in the 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Yeomans and Louise Kelly did well in the field events winning the pole vault and discus.
There were a number of notable distance runs as well over the weekend including Lehna Gardner who was second women in the Stanborough Aquathlon and Helen Cartlidge who was second in the Wheathamstead 10K closely followed by Stacey Harris in fourth and Ana Buckingham in sixth.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters