Perfect Verulamians on course for another fantastic season
- Credit: Archant
After last year’s title win you could be forgiven for thinking Verulamians Rugby Club would not find London North West Three as much fun.
But the 52-18 win over Grasshoppers would suggest you’d have been wrong.
It was Vees’ fourth success from the four league games so far and leaves them as the only undefeated side.
They conceded two penalties early on but from there on in it was a perfect display of running rugby.
Chris Gillespie went over for a hat-trick of scores, one including a chip and chase from 40 metres, and there was one each for Alex Ricci and newcomer Peter Snatch.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Allen added two tries to Vees’ total to take the overall count to seven and he converted the lot as well as adding a penalty.
The only downside was a thigh strain for Ricci.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
They will face a stern test on Saturday though when they go to Stevenage Town, the side who just missed out on promotion last year.