Percy Kiangebeni leaves St Albans City after contract is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Percy Kiangebeni has left St Albans City after his contract was cancelled.
The decision, according to a club statement, was by “mutual consent” although it did go on to say the midfielder had “become increasingly frustrated at the lack of first-team football and expressed his desire for regular opportunities elsewhere”.
The 22-year-old joined Saints in the summer of 2017 from Enfield Town and went on to make a total of 74 appearances and score six goals.
And despite not featuring as often in recent weeks, 27 of those 74 sightings have come this year.
His only goal this term came in the 2-0 win at home to Concord Rangers back in September.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Twitter, the player himself said: “My time at St Albans has come to an end and I would like to thank the fans and coaching staff for having me at the club.
“It’s been nothing but a pleasure.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style