Percy Kiangebeni leaves St Albans City after contract is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Percy Kiangebeni has left St Albans City after his contract was cancelled.
The decision, according to a club statement, was by “mutual consent” although it did go on to say the midfielder had “become increasingly frustrated at the lack of first-team football and expressed his desire for regular opportunities elsewhere”.
The 22-year-old joined Saints in the summer of 2017 from Enfield Town and went on to make a total of 74 appearances and score six goals.
And despite not featuring as often in recent weeks, 27 of those 74 sightings have come this year.
His only goal this term came in the 2-0 win at home to Concord Rangers back in September.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Twitter, the player himself said: “My time at St Albans has come to an end and I would like to thank the fans and coaching staff for having me at the club.
“It’s been nothing but a pleasure.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church