PBs all round
HARPENDEN had more swimmers in the water at the weekend, this time at the Maxwell Open Meet in Aylesbury. Swimmers were competing over the two days in a number of events and came away with a healthy collection of medals and PB s. Between the 15 swimmers
HARPENDEN had more swimmers in the water at the weekend, this time at the Maxwell Open Meet in Aylesbury.
Swimmers were competing over the two days in a number of events and came away with a healthy collection of medals and PB's.
Between the 15 swimmers a total of 15 medals were collected.
Josh Duggan, 12, took two golds in the 50m butterfly with a time of 34.86 and 200m breaststroke in 3:17.8. He also collected silver in his 50m backstroke in a time of 36.16.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Barber took home a gold from his 100m freestyle with a winning time of 58.71, three silvers from the 200m freestyle, 200m breaststroke and 100m IM including a 7.24sec PB in the breastsroke with a time of 3:04.15. He also collected bronze for his 100m backstroke.
JJ Dixon collected a gold and silver for his 200m Breaststroke and 100m breaststroke respectively, and Georgie Smith collected an early 16th birthday present on Saturday with a gold and a PB in her 50m freestyle coming in on 29.64.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Other medallists for the club were Theo Dixon with three silvers, Duncan Nicoll, Nick Shone and Izzy Thompson all with one bronze.
All in all the swimmers competed in 69 swims, and recorded 62 PBs, eight of which came from splits from the longer events including Izzy Thompson who set a new 50m, 100m and 200m PB all from her 200m butterfly.
Harpenden Swimming Club is a swim21 accredited skill development club. If you would like more details please contact them by phone 07767 683956, email email@example.com or visit their website www.harpendensc.co.uk
The club remain keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.