Pattison all ready to rumble
- Credit: Archant
Boxer Ollie Pattison is gunning for his sixth professional victory as he faces Bulgarian Merdjidin Yuseinov at York Hall on Saturday in what will be his first six-round fight.
The 27-year-old light heavyweight from London Colney is hoping another success this weekend will lead to future title shots.
Speaking to the Herts Ad, ahead of his appearance on the Goodwin Boxing Bethnal Bedlam show, Pattison said: “Training has been going well, I’m moving up from four to six rounds so every camp we step up another level.
“I feel fit, strong and can’t wait.”
Of his 31-year-old opponent, he said: “I know he’s an experienced professional, he’s another step up. He will be cagey, rough and ready.”
You may also want to watch:
Pattison revealed he has big targets for the coming 12 months.
“I hope to be fighting for the Southern Area title before the end of the year.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
“Then I’ll look to the English and British titles next year, but I’m focussed on Saturday and will sit down after that with my promoter to set a pathway.
“I have done well with the ticket sales for Saturday.
“I really appreciate the support I have had from people and from my sponsor Alliance Intelligent Scaffolding. Without the support I wouldn’t be able to box.”