Park Street on the rampage
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 3 Knebworth 0 GOALS from Matt Newman, Andy Murphy and Dave Ross handed Park Street Village a fine 3-0 win at Toulmin Drive against Knebworth on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 3 Knebworth 0
GOALS from Matt Newman, Andy Murphy and Dave Ross handed Park Street Village a fine 3-0 win at Toulmin Drive against Knebworth on Saturday.
PSV were in fine form in the first half and led 1-0 at the break, with Newman firing home his first goal since returning to the club.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Knebworth were reduced to 10 men after the referee took exception to a foul challenge on tricky PSV winger Bruce Hutchison. Park Street assistant boss Gary Ross said: "They brought a player on to take care of Bruce but he got sent off within five minutes. He went straight in from behind and the referee gave him a straight red. Bruce just gets up smiling. He thrives on tackles like that."
Park Street made their advantage count and caught Knebworth out with some quick thinking to allow Murphy to make it 2-0. Ross said: "The ball had gone out and their players were off getting drinks. We had the throw in and the referee said carry on, so Pete Hanson threw the ball to Andy Murphy and he ran through and struck it between the goalkeeper's legs and into the net. They were all standing their drinking."
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Murphy set up Ross to curl home a fine third goal before some late drama when the Knebworth goalkeeper went up for a corner and hit the post. PSV then broke and the goalkeeper dived on Andy Murphy just as he was about to score with the referee blowing the full-time whistle.
PSV are without a game on Saturday before they feature on Thursday, April 24, at home to Wormley Rovers with a 6.30pm kick off and they play three games in five days with matches on Saturday, April 26 and Tuesday, April 29.