Park slip to Potters Bar defeat
SHL Division Nine Greenwood Park 143-10 (44.3) lost to Potters Bar 146-5 (33.5) GREENWOOD Park travelled to Potters Bar in the hope of getting back to winning ways. The new opening partnership of Baker and Eyre got Park off to a steady start after losing
SHL Division Nine
Greenwood Park 143-10 (44.3) lost to Potters Bar 146-5 (33.5)
GREENWOOD Park travelled to Potters Bar in the hope of getting back to winning ways. The new opening partnership of Baker and Eyre got Park off to a steady start after losing the toss and being asked to bat.
The loss of Eyre sparked a mini collapse as Park fell to 23-3.
A rebuilding job went on with Baker requiring support in order to build a total. He received some support from Atkins and then Ahmed but on 49 Baker fell in the deep.
This sparked yet another collapse and Park lost their remaining wickets cheaply being bowled out for a poor 143. Despite defending a low total Park's opening bowlers set about the task with aggression and some accurate bowling.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Potters Bar's opening batsmen played some shots and while the run rate was high chances would come.
After displacing the openers Park dropped Beck while he was in the teens. This was to prove crucial as he went on to be unbeaten on 65 at the end.
Greenwood managed to bag a couple more wickets with Lee and Atkins the pick of the bowlers but it was too easy for Potters Bar as they knocked off the runs required with plenty of overs remaining.