Park slip to Potters Bar defeat
SHL Division Nine Greenwood Park 143-10 (44.3) lost to Potters Bar 146-5 (33.5) GREENWOOD Park travelled to Potters Bar in the hope of getting back to winning ways. The new opening partnership of Baker and Eyre got Park off to a steady start after losing
SHL Division Nine
Greenwood Park 143-10 (44.3) lost to Potters Bar 146-5 (33.5)
GREENWOOD Park travelled to Potters Bar in the hope of getting back to winning ways. The new opening partnership of Baker and Eyre got Park off to a steady start after losing the toss and being asked to bat.
The loss of Eyre sparked a mini collapse as Park fell to 23-3.
You may also want to watch:
A rebuilding job went on with Baker requiring support in order to build a total. He received some support from Atkins and then Ahmed but on 49 Baker fell in the deep.
This sparked yet another collapse and Park lost their remaining wickets cheaply being bowled out for a poor 143. Despite defending a low total Park's opening bowlers set about the task with aggression and some accurate bowling.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Potters Bar's opening batsmen played some shots and while the run rate was high chances would come.
After displacing the openers Park dropped Beck while he was in the teens. This was to prove crucial as he went on to be unbeaten on 65 at the end.
Greenwood managed to bag a couple more wickets with Lee and Atkins the pick of the bowlers but it was too easy for Potters Bar as they knocked off the runs required with plenty of overs remaining.