Park claim first draw
SHL Division Nine Leverstock Green III 233–5 drew with Greenwood Park 204-4 GREENWOOD Park made the short journey to take on Leverstock Green. Having won the toss and electing to field, Park started to make chances from the off constantly finding the ed
SHL Division Nine
Leverstock Green III 233-5 drew with Greenwood Park 204-4
GREENWOOD Park made the short journey to take on Leverstock Green. Having won the toss and electing to field, Park started to make chances from the off constantly finding the edge.
Leverstock accelerated through the opening overs with the loss of only one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
This brought about a number of field and bowling changes in an attempt to stem the flow of runs.
Lee came on and instantly took a wicket but none of Park's bowlers could find the consistency that was required on a warm sunny day.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
The returning Atkins and Ahmed bowling at the death managed to stem the runs by picking up three wickets between them.
Leverstock Green declared after 51 overs leaving Greenwood 49 overs to chase a total of 233.
After tea Park started brightly with boundaries coming in the opening overs before the first wicket fell with the score at 20.
This sparked a mini collapse as Park slumped to 60-4 and looked in danger of collapsing like a house of cards.
However, little did both sides know that this was to be the last wicket of the day as it bought together the left handed combination of Eyre and Atkins.
They put on a wonderful 144 with Eyre carrying his bat for 84 and Atkins producing a first league 50 (75no).
The pair secured the batting points and Park's first draw of the season.