Paralympic bronze medalist pays St Albans Judo Club a visit
PARALYMPIC Games bronze medalist Dartanyon Crockett and Paralympians Katie Howard-Davis and Christella Garcia were welcomed to St Albans Judo Club on Thursday.
SAJC’s junior squad and senior members had the amazing experience of training with some of the USA Paralympic Games team.
After a brilliant evening with the head coach of the USA team two weeks ago, Scott Moore a gold medalist in 2000, returned with three members of the team who had competed in the 2012 Paralympics.
Dartanyon also took along his bronze medal for everyone to see and touch.
Dartanyon and Katie took the junior contest class and senior class on Thursday evening, demonstrating new techniques and helping the young members practice them.
It was interesting for the young judoka to see how the techniques they have learnt can be adapted to suit their ability. T
he paralympians then took part in Randori (contest practice) with the young members of SAJC.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
Many of the young squad members had the fantastic opportunity of fighting with Paralympians.
The whole dojo cheered when one of their colleagues managed to throw the bronze medalist.
A club spokesperson said: “SAJC would like to thank the USA team for their time and enthusiasm while with us. They really are great ambassadors for the sport.”
For more information on St Albans Judo club visit their website www.stalbansjudo.org.uk