Pablo Plaza Lastra wins St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS Striders had another success weekend, securing top 10 finishes across a number of races.
Pablo Plaza Lastra came first out of 166 runners in Saturday’s St Albans Parkrun with a new personal best time of 17mins 6secs. Pablo was followed in by John Knight in third, fifth placed Graham Smith and Cathal Gallagher in seventh. Jenny Maddocks was the first lady finishing in a time of 20mins 29secs.
Also on Saturday Strider Emma Halldearn completed British Military Fitness’ 10k Major South race at Eridge Park, Tunbridge Wells. Halldearn navigated steep hills, dense woodland, mud-filled trenches, balance beams, hurdles, wobbly bridges and a freezing ice crawl to come 95th out of 505 ladies.
On Sunday two Striders joined the 143 runners taking part in the Dunstable Downs 10k trail race, which follows a picturesque route over rolling hills. Steve Buckle came second (42mins 55secs) and Graham Smith – who came 32nd of 994 in Shelter’s Vertical Rush the week before – finished fifth (46mins 38secs).
Elsewhere off-road in a wind-chill temperature of minus-five Ian Nichol completed the Bolton Hill Marathon over the hills of the West Pennine Moors.
You may also want to watch:
On the roads 11 Striders braved light snow to run the Milton Keynes half marathon with five of them finishing in under an hour and a half: Simon Riley (8th), Gary Warren (20th), Martin Whitworth (40th), Nick Dowling (44th) and Richard Harry (85th).
Also running was Rav Dighe, Jeanette Kendall, Jack Brooks, Rachel Porter, Vanessa Hastings and Denise Howe.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land