Oxford move for Cent Stevens
- Credit: Archant
ST Albans Centurions hooker George Stevens has signed for newly-formed professional rugby league outfit Oxford Spires.
Stevens, who can also play loose forward, has previously played for the West London Sharks, Hemel Stags and, for the last three seasons, St Albans Centurions.
He also represented ‘London and the South’ from U12 through to U18 and is a product of the the Harlequins Rugby Foundation.
The 21-year-old is currently taking a degree at Wolverhampton University.
“George stood out in the trials, is good with ball in hand, he is excellent at building momentum and getting the team going forwards and he defended very well,” said Oxford coach Tony Benson. “St Albans’ loss will be our gain”.
You may also want to watch:
George said of his move to the club: “I’m really glad to have joined Oxford, and to have been selected from the players who trialled, because in the games that I played in there was some real quality players.
“St Albans are a great club, I’d recommend them to anyone. But now I am looking forward to the season ahead. My aims are to first of all get into the starting 13. When I’ve done that I want to be able to hold my position.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre